Python is a general purpose, dynamic, high-level, and interpreted programming language. It supports Object Oriented programming approach to develop applications. It is simple and easy to learn and provides lots of high-level data structures. Python is a must for students and working professionals to become a great Software Engineer specially when they are working in Web Development Domain.
Here are some of the less obvious reasons why Python has become super popular in recent years:
- Easy-to-learn − Python has few keywords, simple structure, and a clearly defined syntax. This allows the student to pick up the language quickly.
- Easy-to-read − Python code is more clearly defined and visible to the eyes.
- Easy-to-maintain − Python's source code is easy-to-maintain.
- Python has Amazing Libraries− When you’re working on bigger projects, libraries can really help you save time and cut down on the initial development cycle. Python has an excellent selection of libraries, from NumPy and SciPy for scientific computing to Django for web development.
- Python is Interpreted − Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter.
- Python is Object-Oriented − Python supports Object-Oriented style or technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
- Portable − Python can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms.
- Databases − Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
- GUI Programming − Python supports GUI applications.
- Scalable − Python provides a better structure and support for large programs than shell scripting.
- Python is not intended to work in a particular area, such as web programming. That is why it is known as multipurpose programming language because it can be used with web, enterprise, 3D CAD, etc.